9.17.2008

You Can Put Lipstick On A Pig, But It's Still A Pig.


Back by popular demand- okay so not too popular but I won't be a chicken a pull a controversial post. So some of you may or may not of read my blog that was up for about 24 hours- but I told about how I have been an Obama fan for over a year now. I also explained how I am sick of getting hate mail for a personal choice. Most of the people that try to sway my opinion have incorrect information from email from a forward they received. I have been so frustrated with the hate emails claiming that Obama is a terrorist that is going to tear apart our government from the inside out or that he is secretly Muslim-but yet he is Christian and has been his entire life- which by the way I thought we lived in America does anyone remember our rights "Freedom of Religion" ring a bell. Most of the reason I have been haggled by my choice to vote Obama has been abortion. While I am personally against it I believe that everyone has the right to choose. I think there are certain circumstances where abortion is plausible- Rape, Incest, etc.. I also posted to of my personal major issues I have been looking at with the elections coming. Not all the phony crap you hear online, none of the political slurs with the false commercials, just straight facts on policy.

1. Health Care- My husband is diabetic and we will have to pay out the wahzoo at times for his health care for a disease he had no control over. Also my sweet nephew Deakon who was born with a disease that there family will have to pay huge amounts for monthly.NOT saying we are not willing to pay to keep our families healthy- it just feels like it should be a right to be healthy, not a choice of affordability.

"I...believe that every American has the right to affordable health care. I believe that the millions of Americans who can't take their children to a doctor when they get sick have that right...We now face an opportunity - and an obligation - to turn the page on the failed politics of yesterday's health care debates. It's time to bring together businesses, the medical community, and members of both parties around a comprehensive solution to this crisis, and it's time to let the drug and insurance industries know that while they'll get a seat at the table, they don't get to buy every chair." -Barack Obama, Speech in Iowa City, IA, 5/27/07

2. Illegal Immigration- I hate amnesty with a passion. Let's figure this out in a better way than allowing illegal gang members to pay 50 dollars and say they won't be in a gang anymore to get citizenship. Not having to pay back taxes or learn to speak English. THERE has got to be a better way.

Barack Obama and Joe Biden's Plan
Create Secure Borders
Obama and Biden want to preserve the integrity of our borders. He supports additional personnel, infrastructure and technology on the border and at our ports of entry.

Improve Our Immigration System
Obama and Biden believe we must fix the dysfunctional immigration bureaucracy and increase the number of legal immigrants to keep families together and meet the demand for jobs that employers cannot fill.

Remove Incentives to Enter Illegally
Obama and Biden will remove incentives to enter the country illegally by cracking down on employers who hire undocumented immigrants.

Bring People Out of the Shadows
Obama and Biden support a system that allows undocumented immigrants who are in good standing to pay a fine, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens.

Work with Mexico
Obama and Biden believe we need to do more to promote economic development in Mexico to decrease illegal immigration.


These are a few of my reasons for choosing a candidate this election year. Not the only reasons, just the main ones. I encourage all of you to find out REAL facts about the candidates- think about what really matters to you and your belief system. Take a second to do something great and really have an impact on your country. Look for yourself. Vote and declare yourself.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/


Let's not let this election year be about who has the better lies about the other candidate.
"If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig."

2 comments:

Kathy and Maddi said...

Wonder why you have no comments here

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

Way to post something political! Especially about a Democrat in Utah. You go girl. And hey Obama is really picking up support here in Utah even (although maybe not mine yet). I have to do a political blog for school so its always fun to see when someone actually has the guts to state their opinion on their own blog. And I have to tell you, I completely agree about the negative campaign advertising. I hate McCain's ads!