7.14.2009
it has come to my attention
that when I find a book I love I tend to be a little bit obsessive about them. It's just about the only thing that I do once I pick it up. For example if you were trying to get a hold of me between the end of May and beginning of June there is a slight chance I was avoiding your calls due to the "Sookie Stackhouse" novels. They were fabulous and I can't wait until the next one comes out in May... yes next year. And say perhaps while I was in Mexico my mother-in-law and husband recommended a book called "The Historian" I read it every free minute. Granted, I know that the title itself leaves a lot to be discovered, but it was very very good. And then I realized that I have read around 15 books this year so far (the stackhouse series has 9 or 10 in it so far can't remember at this very moment) and I then realized if they could write a biomedical anatomy book as well as well a vampire-mystery-thriller-romance novel I would tear through it in a matter of days... but thus I come back to reality and force myself to read these text books that just aren't written in a way that makes you want to read them. They scream why don't you just watch the bachelorette or so you think you can dance instead... but noooo I have to read the boring text book. Not that the field of study isn't fascinating, because it is.... but those freakin text books drive me up the wall. And although I have probably been through close to 4000 pages of fictional text this year, I can't make it through one single chapter of my text book with out getting side tracked, by blogging, maybe. Moral of my long ranting is that I really wish textbooks were written by people who wanted to make them worth reading... the end. Let me know if you need a recommendation of a good book and kind of like vampires or mysteries or romances...
Labels:
and more school,
random,
venting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
AMEN!
Haha, someday we'll be done with school and can read/watch whatever we want whenever we want without feeling the slightest bit of guilt. Until then, ugh...
Oh man I'm with you on the whole obsession thing, I have issues.... and my husband hates me when I get a good book because I never put it down...and usually will finish in a day or two... so terrible. Anyways super good book I just read... seriously it was awesome... its called The Hunger Games. Read it. You'll love it. Also I just read the 1st two books of the True Blood series... theres only three and I'm waiting on the 3rd one from Amazon... but the first two were pretty good! So anyways... any recommendations for me? I could always use a good book. Oh I also just ordered the sookie stackhouse series and am waiting on those as well! Yay!
i just bought the hunger games this weekend! haven't started it yet though. The "true blood" and the "sookie stackhouse" are one in the same... only 3 of them have the true blood covers, there are about 9 or 10 of those books... they are really good. Look for The Historian its pretty good too! I will find the author and text him to you.
its perfect i read this. i need someone to tell me of some good books to read! what are those sookie books about?
its perfect i read this. i need someone to tell me of some good books to read! what are those sookie books about?
the sookie books are a vampire series kind of like twilight-but much more adult oriented... they do have some sex scenes, i will warn you.hahaha, hbo made a series based off of them called True Blood. my mother in law is the one that got me hooked on them.
Kelli,
Little did you know, I've been stalking your blog for a while now! Creepy, I know. But what can ya do. French was the bomb! And do you remember that hilarious video we made after making fondue? I think I was a crazy girl named Sally and you played the fabulous part of my legs. Good times. It's good to hear from you!
Brittany
Can't really relate on the fiction thing, but can DEFINITELY relate on the non-fiction textbook thing... it's the worst!
Hey Kelli! If you don't mind a few sex scenes and a little language I just finished reading the Stephanie Plum novels. They are hilarious and so good. I loved them. The author is Janet Evanovich and there are 15 novels so far. They are all numbered in their titles (One for the Money, Two for the Dough, etc.) so they are easy to know which to read next. They are about Stephanie Plum who becomes a Bounty Hunter in New Jersey. They truely are funny. Let me know if you like them!
Oh man I ment to write Blue Blood not True blood hahahahahaha blue blood series is by Melissa De La Cruz there are only 3 books in the series and they are all pretty short but its good!
Post a Comment