we will name my patient jack for confidentiality reasons.
that is not his real name.
and I am not breaking any hippa violations here...
just sayin.
enter me into patients room:
Jack! Don't climb out of bed it's four in the morning... Where are you going???
Jack:
We have to go to the monster truck rally in my garage....
me:
Jack there is no garage or monster trucks around here, you are in Lakeview Hospital... remember....
Jack:
Ohh right right right...
me: turns back to log onto computer in room
enter nurse into same patients room:
Jack, No!! Stop licking your morphine button.... that's just sick!!
It's never a dull night at the hospital...
Last week I had a patient who thought someone had lost their head, "someone's running around here without their head" would be the words he used. Then he wanted me to get his cane so he could knock it down from the ceiling and return it to them... how polite of him...
that's all for now...
xoxo
kelli
2 comments:
I like this story-- in my sick mind, I like to believe I may or may not have joined "jack" in said, 'monster truck garage rally' for any activity that may or may not have ensued-- like, say... loud hollering, staying up late and bad food. Just sayin'. I like your job. I like you. xo
HAHAH. Yeah. I now have my own interesting stories due to clinicals which I finished last week...
Post a Comment