5.25.2010

I can't believe punches weren't thrown...

Remember how I told you all that my sisters (Jenny, Nikki and I) and our husbands (Blair, Curt and Bk) and my Dad (Bill) all play Kaysville rec. league softball?? With some major help from some talented friends...?

{Background Info}
Let me take you back to last season, championship game... Us Vs. The teenagers from the greater Kaysville area fresh out of high school baseball/softball teams... And guess what we did (us old people) we beat them... and we won the trophy... Granted it's the Co-Ed 'fun' rec. league but they play in that league so they can win... not for fun... Moral of the story is we beat them. And they hate us for it.

{Fast Forward to Today}
Today we played the always lovable team that hates us. And we hit around and played well (some mistakes, but hey who's perfect?) We got up by ohhh 9 or 10 at some venture in the top of the 4th and then the ump made a poor call on Nikki, who was safe at 3rd... and he called her out. (It gets rather technical and let's face it, I danced... I don't know the correct verbiage) But something about she was 'under the tag'... right are you following??  Ok here is where it gets good... Key my Dad (Bill) who was pissed about the call and was gingerly making his way to the ump to have a very friendly conversation I am sure, in true Bill style. Cue-whiny complaining annoying boy who thinks he's a man... 'Don't talk to me like that!!' Bill... 'Hey mind your own business, this is between me and the ump..' kid ' don't tell me what to do!' 'specific expletives that I won't repeat.' Cue both teams running on the field... and Nikki pushing some kids off my dad trying to fight...wives trying to stop their husbands from hitting 120lb wanna be gangsters...  the punk kid proceeds to say 'How about I shoot you! And then sue you for all your money old man' (while I'm thinking, sue him after you shot him....riiiighhhhhtttt) (I am also thinking... you are messing with the wrong family... look around!! helloo!!) after a couple shouting matches and things we settled to our dugouts... with just a few more smart allelic remarks... such as 'I guess we will just have to beat you in the championship again this year...' and 'dad, don't forget to duck... they are going to try to hit you in the head'.... they hate us...

So the rec. league softball saga continues... Until next time...

For show times please visit Barnes Park on Tuesday nights... game times vary...

4 comments:

Bain Becomes a Master said...

I really wish I could have been there!!

Bill said...

Please take this down!!!!

Kelli K said...

why should I take it down?!

The Bairds said...

that is awesome! I want to see what team your talking about.. stupid kaysville boys think their the best... I'm sticking around for your guys game next time! congrats on the win though ;)