1.19.2009
marley and me... no, really..
well I have cursed my dog by naming her Marley. At the time the name was just a cute name for a dog, we hadn't heard of the book and seen the movie... little did we know it would curse us in the end. Marley is typically a pretty well behaved dog... or she was. She has taken a strong liking to adventures with the neighbors dog Boomer. Marley never goes on these adventures when I am home, she only does it to Brandon. Well a couple weeks ago Marley went on a so-called adventure aka running like a maniac around my neighborhood. With this new found freedom she ventured into a horse pasture minutes before Brandon found her... eating horse poop. He got her in the truck and no longer than thirty seconds of being in the truck the started puking horse crap all over Brandons seats.... curse number one. curse number two, my dog is a houdini dog. She will randomly get out of her cage and sit there and look at you like ha ha look what I can do. Well we have been testing Marley and leaving her home while we are gone for about 2 or 3 hours and she does really well. Well last night houdini dog got out of her cage and managed to down a three foot by one foot area of my carpet, in a house that is not mine. That I now have to replace. So word to the wise that thinks Marley is a cute name for a puppy, it is- but it comes with a curse, a carpet and horse poop eating curse. Happy Monday to me.
Labels:
adventures,
bad,
dog,
Marley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
ha ha oh dear! Dogs can be such a pain, but somehow we still love them!! Thanks for stopping by Saturday! We get lonely!!
I yi yi... Marley what are we ever going to do with you...
I wanted to name my daughter Marlie--I'm screwed!
HAHAHAHHAHAHAH okay all i can say is I completely relate!!!! I remember one time I came home from work and Buddy was no where to be seen, I'm pretty sure I had a panic attack... he had somehow scooted under the chain link fence and gotten out. After 2 hours of pure hell with me and spencer running around like chickens with their heads cut off... i came home from making lost flyers and he was sitting in our front window stairing at me... such a terd... he just went on a little adventure for the day. Oh and tearing up things... I couldn't even count the number of things we've lost to dogs... as well as how many times we've caught our dogs eating poop and then licking our faces... seriously I feel your pain... but isn't it so worth it? I think so. LOVE YOU
K funny thing about the name Marley, my cousin named his little girl Marley & I think she gives them a run for their money. So maybe it really is the name & not the animal!
Ha ha thats hilarious! What a dog! I have to say if your dog is anything like the movie though, the curse will be worth it in the end. I totally cried during the movie, I'm such a sucker for a sweet story : )
Post a Comment