
Thursday March 5th we left for picture perfect San Juan Del Sur. We got hooked up with some buddy passes and jetted to Nica the first available week we could. We gave it as a birthday gift to each other this year. We enjoyed days filled with lounging by the pool, some fishing, great food, and even better company. I will explain about the getting home after a few lovely pictures.












We truly had an unforgettable trip the days spent in San Juan were incredible... The days flying home on the other hand were a nightmare... thats what we get for flying home on Friday the 13th I suppose... Here it goes, so as goes with buddy passes you fly standby- which is fine... except when there is only one open flight out of San Juan for a week... we got on the plane sat first class and had ordered breakfast and then we got bumped due to a weight inbalance- with the next 2 flights oversold we had to buy our way to America, so we ended up going to Miami and hopping a flight to Atlanta (the biggest Delta hub, no problems to get home now... right?) wrong, Delta had some serious mechanical issues and around 400 people who had tickets got bumped from flights Friday night, where does that leave this lowley standby person... SOL. So we stayed in a dive hotel in Atlanta got up and couldn't get on the next 3 flights to SLC, so a lady pulled me aside and told me to fly to Chicago and then SLC, so we re-listed on that route, oh but our Chicago flight was delayed two hours because the plane broke and then there was a 17 plane wait to take off, so we taxied for an hour and missed the first flight from Chicago to SLC, but we got really lucky(finally) and got the last 2 seats on the 4:10 out of Chicago.... and that my friends is why you do not fly on Friday the 13th... truly a trip that will not soon be forgotten... Happy Monday!




5 comments:
Well I, my friend, am so glad you are home! That pic of you and bk (second one from the top) is so great. Love it!
Glad the trip was fun. Love the pictures its a beautiful place. The home is beautiful also. Sorry the trip home was long, but adventures are funny over time.
Kel, you are so lucky! (Except on Friday the 13th.) I am so sorry about your traveling woes, that kind of experience definitely makes you appreciate home and the control you have over your environment. Glad you are home safe though.
It looks picture perfect, im jealous I want to go somewhere warm with a beach and a beautiful ocean to look at! The hair thing is hard, I might just stay dark forever since I cant make a decision haha.
Looks beautiful there! I could use a beach vacation also!!!
Post a Comment