5.07.2010

here we go...

Well, I am FINALLY doing my upper division classes... I have been going to school forever it seems with no direction- until now!
My ESL class is awesome, my professor is amazing... I am learning so much, doing lesson activities and tutoring at a local elementary... awesome, the Communication class I am taking is good but tedious--we have to do a Service Learning project so we are working with Habitat for Humanity, which I haven't got to do since I was 15, also I am taking History of America from 1492-1912, which I can't not love.....so on top of taking a full class load in a 7 week time period I get to also do 20 hours of community service, write a paper a week for history, come up with 10 lesson activities for ELL's, and do a presentation on the importance of small groups learning... I feel slightly overwhelmed this week. The good news is there are now only 6 weeks left in the semester... If I go missing from the world of blogging for a while- you know where to find me... Weber or Davis High, coaching my girls.

5 comments:

C and MC said...

All those classes for nursing? Whoa baby. Is your COMM teacher Merkley? Good luck Kel!

Kelli K said...

No Mare, shortly after my 3 month spout of wanting to do nursing I switched back to History Education with a minor in ESL... Nursing=Not for Kelli... It was really hard on me and Bk we wouldn't see each other for DAYS at a time... anyway... I switched back to Education in January... Long story. Anyway my comms teacher is Cynthia Bishop... she is a rockstar

blair said...

Geezo - talk about a lot going on! Good for you, though. It will all be over before you know it, and then if you are crazy like me, you will start longing for the task of writing papers and taking tests. I think I just outted myself as the biggest school geek ever.

Anyway, congrats on the drill team job. You will be great! I'll have to come watch your girls perform sometime.

Natalie and Ryan said...

Hey I have tons of ESL lessons I would be willing to share! Let me know what you need... :)

Kelli K said...

dear blair, you can always go get your Masters if you miss tests as much as you say! And thank you! I will have to update when they dance.

dear natalie, any help is good help. I am doing lesson activities on To Kill a Mockingbird, so its not bad... but when I get further in to the Secondary Ed road I will need help, I am sure of it!