10.13.2010

used car dealer...

What comes to mind when you think about the topic?
Nice, Happy thoughts?
or Angry, Mean Unhappy thoughts?

For me I got to go with option 2.
Here is why:

I bought a Jetta 43 days ago from Strong Volkswagen in Downtown Salt Lake City, UT.
2 days after I bought it, on my way to vacation in Park City for the weekend,
my newly purchased car (with a full warranty) lost all power while going 65 mph UP PARLEYS!
Attempting to get over with semis and crazies without getting hit was seriously a miracle.
(Sincere apologies to my little sis for the swear words I may or may not have said.)
Called the shop at STRONG VW and what does their service department tell me... after I BEGGED them for help?
That they didn't like my bitchy attitude, so they didn't think they wanted to help me...

Awesome right?

Well we tried to return it that day, the car was back on their property in 48 hours after we bought it...
they wouldn't let us. Said they fixed it and it would be fine. They LIED>>>>

Fast Forward 10 days to my Grandma In Law(?)s 80th Surprise Birthday Party....
Yepp you guessed it, stupid VW aka the sexy death trap DIED lost complete power again!! On Bangerter hw going 45mph, no power steering, no lights going on, not a single one WTH?
So it gets towed, again, this time to Southtowne VW... they keep it for 4 days, drive the hell out of it, find nothing wrong... say they are sorry, but if there is no diagnosed problem they can't help... okay I can get that... but what am I supposed to do to stop the death trap??
So, we then proceed to Strong VW to pick up the plates, we tell the Sales Manager AGAIN, the horrible experience we have had and all of the things we have had to go through, expecting some help in SOME WAY... but no instead we get....and I quote...."It's normal for cars to loose power on the freeway, haven't you seen those people on the side of the road with their hoods up? It happens all the time..."
ARE YOU KIDDING ME, ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS!! That is the honest truth right there friends- don't you think it should STRONG VW's new slogan?? OUR CARS BREAK ON THE FREEWAY, HAPPENS ALL THE TIME...

Don't you want to go run out and buy a car from them... With their stellar customer service and all??
So now what's a girl to do, trade in the death trap, one would think? Yes, well no, because apparently we would have to take a freaking $4000 loss to do so....So now, I just pray every time I drive the SDT because I really don't want to die on the freeway. SOOOoooo Stressful... and now I am done venting... Have a fantastic UEA y'all.

XoXo
-K

2 comments:

DUSTIN said...

kelli, it is chelsea preece. I had this same problem with my car. I didn't just buy it, but it would just stop. I would be driving on the free way in the fast lane and with no warning it would just stop. so in rush hour traffic and had luckily enough momentum to get over. they first tried changing a sensor and it still did it. so then they changed another sensor and it worked. i have not had a problem. mind you nothing rgistered when I took it into the carp shop either. so try the cam rear o2 sensor and the o2 sensor. and check alternator. father in law is a mechanic!

Kelli K said...

Thanks Girl!